Tongue cleaning is an often overlooked ancient Ayurvedic practice, but this daily practice has many benefits for oral health, as well as general physical and mental health. As the tongue and oral cavity are bridges between the body-mind system and the external environment, maintaining the health of this vital organ is essential to general well-being.
The tongue can be the mirror of all the organs in the body. Thus, a daily tongue exam before scratching gives you an indication of your general health.
THE MAIN BENEFITS
- reduces toxins and bacteria on the tongue that cause bad breath
- strengthens the sense of taste
- improves digestion
HOW TO USE IT
- You can use your tongue cleaner every day, in the morning on an empty stomach.
- just hold both ends of the tongue cleaner in both hands
- stretch out the tongue and place the tongue scraper on the surface of the tongue, as far back as possible.
- gently advance the tongue cleaner to remove unwanted coating
- Repeat this action 3-5 times or until you are no longer removing layers and your tongue is fresh and clean. Rinse the tongue scraper with hot tap water between each stroke.
- For more benefits, add up to 10 additional movements to further stimulate internal organs, promoting digestion and healthy elimination.
HOW TO CLEAN IT
Rub lemon juice on the copper surface and you'll see it glowing in no time!